Claymation training- using paper scraps
24 hours of training aimed at training children on an advanced stage of animation film making starting from the idea, writing the story, and ending with the animation phase. And by using Cut- out Animation technique, and combining it with technical skills such as mobile photography and the use of a special Stop Motion Studio application. In the beginning children were given a missing story from the events and the end, then each child worked on completing the story with the perspective character’s and solve his main character problem in the story by his own perspective. After all children finished writing all stories, all ideas were collected with its details to write two stories with different beginnings, endings and goals. Children participants were divided in to 3 groups, this done in order to motivate children and encourage their creativity of film making which needs a lot of time, efforts and creativity.
Characters of each group drawn on cardboard and then were divided to the main parts to form scenes based on the scenario, after that characters were moved by using the mobile application. Main goal of sub details is to help students visualize events and how characters move in every scene. All the previous steps are called in the pre-production animation film industry.
As for the production stage, the characters were moved and every movement was photographed using mobile devices, after which the narrator’s voice was recorded by the children and used in the videos.
At the end of the training, the clips which were formed by the three groups collected and presented to the students in order to let them understand how editing and adding sounds process done. Three videos were released with sound, introduction and conclusion added for display purposes. In addition a short video submitted to show the best clips produced in the workshop (Showreel).
Mobile photography training
Previous weeks children learned the following techniques:
- How to use the types of shoots for photography and how to diversify their composition.
- How to interview guests
- How to stand in front of the camera and speak
- How to use mobile stand with the mobile when recording
- How to work as one of the team and maintain the spirit of teamwork in the project that will be produced
- How to avoid some errors in photography
- How to ask permission from the owner of the place to photograph, then dialogue with him and not hesitate
Outcomes: Students practiced practical applications on all of the above points, which resulted in a set of training videos
Marionette Puppet Training:
In previous weeks children have taken the following steps:
- The construction of the puppets bodies that made of wood then had been formed.
- Installation of joints, which allow the puppets to move.
- Fixing the head and hands for each puppet.
- Making traditional puppets clothes.
- Fixing the threads that moved puppets.
- Training on moving puppets by the threads and producing the last show.
Outcomes: The children will display a street performance during the upcoming period.
Teaching English and computer:
The same curriculum continued, with the same objectives, but with a group of new children.
English training Report/ trainer: Omar Hussein
I implemented 21 hour English training course for elementary and preparatory students. The below goals were achieved:
- Developing their awareness of the importance of English as a means of international communication.
- Acquiring the linguistic and grammatical bases to enable the students to analyze the element of language and establish the appropriate relationship among linguistic components.
Results and Outcome:
Students were able to:
- They were capable to use the parts of speech like nouns, adjectives, pronouns,prepositions etc., and form a sentence and knew the sentence parts (subject, verb andobject).
- Recognizing the three main tenses (past, present and future) and how to use them.
- Mastering the Mechanics of writing; the use of correct punctuation marks and capitalletters.
Educational Virtual Reality Technology:
Previous weeks children have undergone several educational experiences, such as:
- Cell components and their function in the human body
- How to treat a damaged cell
- Genetic cell components
- The shape of water and glucose in the human body
The children then studied the theoretical framework for matter and made some solids of the cell.
Number of beneficiaries of the program for this month:
|Puppet industry training||12|
100 educational bag were distributed during the program for children in educational program: